HOW TO REMOVE THE EXISTING BLADE
- Insert an allen key or the specific tool provided with your brushcutter into the hole in the side or back of the gearbox hub, and rotate the blade/head until it engages. It is possible that this hole may be difficult to find as it may be filled with grass cuttings.
- Continue rotating the blade/head in a clockwise direction (left hand thread) until it comes off. If the blade/head has never been removed before, the blade clamping washer will generally be found beneath it. Lift the washer off to reveal the blade mounting spigot below.
HOW TO ATTACH THE PRO BLADE
- Place the Pro Blade onto the spigot of the brushcutter. In the case of the ‘Reversible Pro Blade’, the blade can go either way depending on the job.
- The majority of brushcutters are fitted with a 25mm spigot to which the Pro Blade can be attached. A small number of brushcutter models have a 20mm spigot. If this is the case, a spacing bush is required.
- Fit the clamping washer over the Pro Blade and tighten the locking nut onto the shaft. The nut needs to be tightened in an anti-clockwise direction, as it is a left-hand thread.
- A straight shaft brushcutter is usually supplied with a locking nut and clamping washer as original equipment. If you do not have the nut and washer for your brushcutter, they are available from most lawnmower shops and hardware stores.
- Prior to work, confirm the Pro Blade is centered on the brushcutter head and tightened securely. Please read the SAFETY CHECKLIST.